Finance Manager Ref. 2819
Please note that you are required to meet the following essential criteria to apply for this role:
You’ll be a fully qualified ACCA and CIMA chartered accountant with experience of managing a team and motivating others to deliver their best.
We also value qualities such as teamwork, professionalism, innovation, and the desire to make a real difference. You’ll enjoy working with others to solve problems. And, you’ll be able to develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and negotiate effectively with them. This will all be supported by your passion for finance and aptitude for figures and spreadsheets. Most importantly, you’ll be keen to learn, and always approach your work with positivity.
We have Finance Manager vacancies across the finance function. Your suitability for our various teams will be assessed throughout the recruitment process.
One such area could be Financial Analysis, who provide us with valuable insights. As a Finance Manager in this team, you’ll be responsible for producing monthly financial reporting to meet budget holders’ needs. You’ll also:
• Lead the preparation, interpretation and presentation of in-year financial information for the monthly financial reports.
• Provide assurance on integrity of information on financial systems, advising on the correct accounting treatment of complex transactions.
• Provide financial analysis and insight through meaningful variance analysis commentary including risk management, mitigating actions, deep dives or financial modelling.
• Ensure effective controls are in place to maintain accuracy of data in financial systems.
• Ensure the team delivers the month end activities in a timely manner and to the required standard.
• Effectively manage the team, demonstrating sound coaching and leadership skills.
Alternatively, you could lead our Strategic Finance team who support the agencies in their strategic financial decision making and governance processes. As the Finance Manager in this area, you’ll own the leadership of processes and products to support financial planning for fiscal events. You’ll build and maintain the relationship with your counterpart in His Majesty’s Treasury (HMT) spending Team. And, you’ll need to understand the big picture of delivery and often ask senior stakeholders to complete tasks to short deadlines. You’ll also:
• Lead the delivery of set pieces, commissioning work, leading the collation of responses/outputs and resolving issues.
• Develop and maintain a strategic understanding of the business, stakeholders and deliverables.
• Build and maintain relationships across the Department and with HMT.
• Lead on areas of ownership for preparation and delivery of Spending Review and Fiscal Events, as you may represent a specific area of the Department.
• Own strategic product development and leadership.
• Lead the translation and add insight to financial data to support key discussions across the Department and with HMT.
• Provide guidance and coordination with other finance functions on HMT priorities and requirements.
• Lead the drafting of briefings to Senior Civil Servants and Ministers.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis and presentations to the business and across finance functions.
• Lead responses and develop resolutions as required for ad-hoc enquiries including PQs/FOIs.
• Effectively manage their team by using coaching and leadership skills.
There are many more teams in the function not described here that you could join or explore during your career with us – details of which can be found on our Finance careers page. Due to the sensitive nature of the role, you’ll be required to work full-time from the office five days per week. However, job share options are available and we’ll aim to accommodate your requests where possible.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.