Financial Analyst Officer Ref. 2821
Please note, we have opportunities for the Financial Analyst /Officer role in Buckinghamshire in addition to the locations stated above.
Please note that you are required to meet the following essential criteria to apply for this role:
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role
• And/or actively working towards Level 4 AAT
If you’re not actively working towards Level 4 AAT, you should still consider applying as you’ll be able to start or complete these studies during your time with us.
We value qualities such as teamwork, professionalism, innovation, and the desire to make a real difference. You’ll enjoy working with others to solve problems. And, you’ll be able to develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and negotiate effectively with them. This will all be supported by your passion for finance and aptitude for figures and spreadsheets. Most importantly, you’ll be keen to learn and always approach your work positively.
We have Financial Analyst/Officer vacancies across various finance functions. Your suitability for our various teams will be assessed throughout the recruitment process.
You could join the Financial Analysis team, who provide valuable insights. Working in this area, you’ll be responsible for analysis of the ledger to understand the financial position and support the team to produce financial reports. You’ll also:
• Undertake critical analysis of financial systems to ensure the data is accurate and up-to-date to facilitate reporting to managers.
• Take responsibility for material journal adjustments and accruals and ensure all adjustments are approved and posted within required timescales.
• Interrogate financial systems to understand trends and changes, and provide data and insightful commentary in monthly financial reporting.
• Interpret data and format in a way that drives high quality management reporting and decision making.
• Support the team in the production and distribution of financial reports to required timescales, providing accurate, relevant and timely management information.
Or, you might join our Financial Accounting and Reporting team, who provide services concerned with the summary, analysis and reporting of financial transactions made by the agencies. As a Financial Analyst in this area, you’ll support the team in producing accounts and estimates by collating evidence and information, performing reconciliations and ensuring data inputs and transfers to systems are actioned. You’ll also:
• Liaise with other colleagues to collect and analyse relevant information.
• Collate standard evidence for accounts, estimates and audit requirements.
• Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and ensure issues are escalated.
• Maintain asset registers, finance guidance and chart of accounts.
• Performing month end closure activities.
• Input data into systems.
• Perform variance analysis to support financial accounts and estimates.
Alternatively, you may join our Financial Operations team, who manage the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Expenses and Cash Management services. As a Financial Officer in this area, you’ll ensure transactional activities are completed accurately and efficiently. This could be through a business facing role, or by working with finance colleagues. You might cover one area of Financial Operations or a number of processes for particular business areas. Additionally, you’ll:
• Act as the first point of contact for business areas and other parts of finance to provide support and advice, to ensure processes are completed compliantly.
• Play an active part in raising financial awareness and capability across the department.
• Partner with business areas and other stakeholders to help them understand and follow finance polices relating to their area of work.
• Prepare and analyse statistical reports.
• Proactively solve problems in business areas and ensure remedial actions are taken.
• Review areas of poor performance and progress with corrective actions.
• Ensure effective audit trails to support transactions, reconciliations and approvals.
• Oversee the delivery of timely payments and receipts, in line with contractual terms and targets.
• Become a visible expert and point of escalation for their business areas.
There are many more teams in the function not described here that you could join or explore during your career with us – details of which can be found on our Finance careers page. Due to the sensitive nature of this role, you’ll be expected to work from the office full-time. However, we do offer part-time and compressed hour options with flexibility around your start and finish times.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.