NCSC Cryptographic Ordering, Production, Distribution and Accounting (Various Posts) Ref.2241
At GCHQ, diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission. To protect the UK, we need a truly diverse workforce that reflects the society we serve. This includes diversity in every sense of the word: those with different backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, ways of thinking and those with disabilities or neurodiverse conditions. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including those from groups that are under-represented in our workforce.
Short Summary of role
GCHQ offers a unique working environment. Using our world class technical experience and expertise, we provide intelligence and protect information as part of our mission to safeguard our people, businesses and interests in the cyber age. To support our mission, opportunities are now available within the United Kingdom Key Production Authority (UKKPA), part of the National Cyber Security Centre.
We are looking for a number of individuals to work in the following teams:
• Cryptographic Key Material Ordering
• Cryptographic Key Material Production
• National Distribution Authority
What will the successful candidate be doing?
The UKKPA provides a crucial service across Government and industry, supplying a multitude of customers with essential cryptographic key material.
You may be involved in:
• Processing orders for cryptographic key material and equipment.
• The generation and production of cryptographic key material using our computer based production systems.
• The preparation and packaging for despatch of physical cryptographic key material.
• The preparation and distribution of electronic cryptographic key material.
• The accounting of cryptographic key material.
• Maintaining customer accounts/records.
• The daily use of an ORACLE based system (all roles).
• Documentation reviews and updates to work instructions (all roles).
• Customer liaison.
In addition, successful candidates will potentially be involved in major change projects which focus on transitioning the more traditional physical cryptographic material to electronic format.
Following a structured training path, you will receive on the job training by a supportive team which will develop existing skills and develop new ones, therefore prior experience is not essential. However, we do ask you have an interest and aptitude in learning new technical skills, which will assist with building your career within GCHQ.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people from all backgrounds who have had experience of or who would like to work in a diverse team utilising IT based production systems in a secure facility.
Candidates must have good attention to detail in order to deliver a quality product to a unique customer base.
Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills are required as is the need for good customer relationship skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. The working day can be varied, so we need team players who can turn their hand to a variety of different tasks as the occasion demands.
The right candidate will have a desire to learn and the ability to accept they will sometimes carry out routine work but will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills to carry out more challenging aspects of the role.
If you have a minimum of GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 and above or equivalent and are proficient in the use of MS Office we would welcome your application.
The successful applicant will need to have:
• Communication and Knowledge sharing - Fundamental
• Corporate Vision and Efficiency - Fundamental
• Change and Innovation - Fundamental
• Analysis and Decision Making - Intermediate
• Contribution to Delivery - Intermediate
• Managing the Customer Relationship - Intermediate
• Working with and Leading Others - Fundamental
Two out of three competencies will be set at Intermediate (dependent on role)
You can familiarise yourself with the general competencies we use to assess the aptitude of candidates here - Recruitment Process
If you’re excited about working with us and think you have some of what we’re looking for but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet… why not just give it a go!
Benefits we offer
At NCSC and GCHQ, we are proud of our inclusive and supportive working environment that’s designed to encourage open minds and attitudes. As an organisation that values and nurtures talent, we are committed to helping you fulfil your potential. With comprehensive training and development opportunities, tailored to your needs and the requirements of your work, we will enable you to flourish in your role and perform to the very best of your abilities.
• Access to learning and development tailored to your role and support to gain professional qualifications and certifications.
• An environment that supports a range of flexible working options (including a flexible working hour scheme).
• A culture which encourages inclusion and diversity.
• Support to gain professional qualifications and certifications
• A civil service pension
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days based on length of service.
Salary of £19,897
To apply for this position, you must meet our nationality, residency requirements. You’ll find more details here.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview. This is known as the Offer of Interview (OOI).
To secure an interview for this role, candidates applying under this scheme must meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Be prepared to dedicate 60-90 minutes to completing your application. We’re conscious this might be more time than you expected, so our system will allow you to save your application at any time and come back to it later. But remember to submit your full application before the closing date.
Once we’ve established that you meet our eligibility criteria, the next steps of this selection process are:
• Application sift
• Face to face interview
• Drugs test
If you successfully complete these stages, you’ll receive a job offer, conditional upon you completing our developed vetting (DV) process which enables you to obtain the level of security clearance required to perform this vital role.
The closing date for this role is 7 April 2021.
Please be aware that we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date once a certain number of applications have been received. Please be mindful of this and submit your application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.