NCSC Economy and Society Engagement Officer Ref. 1973
The NCSC Economy and Society Team assists organisations and individuals across the UK to manage their cyber security risk by providing advice and guidance. We work to support small businesses, educational institutions, charities and community organisations, the big employers at the heart of the UK’s economic prosperity and potential individual victims. We are looking for candidates to work to provide advice and information to a wide range of sectors, many of which will be new relationships for us. The role involves building relationships with the sectors and creating innovative offers to help them improve their cyber security and protect themselves. Possible sectors include construction, entertainment, education, and the citizen.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, proactive, organised and team players who can comfortably deal with internal and external stakeholders. Previous stakeholder management experience would be beneficial but us not essential. An understanding of cyber security can be developed in post and is not an essential requirement.
What will the successful candidate be doing?
- Understand the sector and their requirements and expectations from the NCSC
- Support the sector lead
- Create new accessible and actionable products and services
- Manage and develop relationships with key stakeholders in the sector, NCSC and wider government
- Feedback requirements from the sector to shape advice and guidance that the NCSC produces
- Draft presentations or papers as appropriate
- Represent the NCSC externally at a range of different meetings and events
- Undertake projects that will have a cross sector benefit for the team as needed
- Assist the wider team as appropriate, depending on priorities
- Deliver strategic plans
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, proactive, organised and team players who can comfortably deal with internal and external stakeholders. Previous stakeholder management experience would be beneficial but us not essential. An understanding of cyber security can be developed in post and is not an essential requirement. Some UK travel may be required.
- Change and Innovation – higher
- Contribution to Delivery – higher
- Managing the Customer Relationship – intermediate
- Working with and Leading Others – intermediate
- Corporate Vision and Efficiency – intermediate
- Communications and Knowledge Sharing – intermediate
- Analysis and Decision Making - intermediate
If you’re excited about working with us and think you have some of what we’re looking for but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet… Back yourself and give it a go!
Benefits we offer
Access to learning and development tailored to your role
- Working environment that supports a range of flexible working options
- A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
£33,580 (Plus London allowance)
To apply for this position, you must meet our nationality and residency requirement. You’ll find more details here.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we also guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for our roles.
Once we’ve established that you meet our eligibility criteria, the next steps of this selection process are:
- Sift of paper applications
- Panel interview
- Security Clearance (SC) will be required to carry out this role.
The closing date for application is 11 December 2019.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.