NCSC Strategy Lead Ref.2289
At NCSC and GCHQ, we are proud of our inclusive and supportive working environment that’s designed to encourage open minds and attitudes. As an organisation that values and nurtures talent, we are committed to helping you fulfil your potential. With comprehensive training and development opportunities, tailored to your needs and the requirements of your work, we will enable you to flourish in your role and perform to the very best of your abilities.
• Access to learning and development tailored to your role and support to gain professional qualifications and certifications.
• An environment that supports a range of flexible working options (including a flexible working hours scheme).
• A culture which encourages inclusion and diversity.
• Support to gain professional qualifications and certifications
• A civil service pension
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days based on length of service.
The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) is the UK’s national authority for cyber security. Our mission is to make the UK the safest place to live and do business online, in accordance with the UK's National Cyber Security Strategy and GCHQ’s corporate vision and values. The NCSC's vision and new business plan for this year is tied very closely to the national cyber strategy, which we expect to be issued in the Autumn.
This exciting role of Strategy Lead within the NCSC Portfolio Office will engage across NCSC and Whitehall, and it will involve working within Whitehall and across NCSC, representing the NCSC/GCHQ position in working-level fora. It will require an ability to understand, develop and communicate NCSC’s strategic vision and outcomes and the post will require a collaborative approach to mature the translation of the new national cyber strategy outcomes into NCSC’s business planning. This post will provide opportunities for strategy development, strategic thinking, maturing governance systems, drafting and relationship management both within the department and across HMG.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a new Strategy Lead in the NCSC’s Portfolio Office, for a single post within a small central team of 10 people. The team provides assurance and decision-making support to the NCSC Management Board and the wider leadership community within NCSC. The Strategy Lead works externally with Cabinet Office to ensure the NCSC’s strategy and delivery is well understood, and internally across NCSC to translate the national strategy into planning outcomes and metrics that drive delivery of the NCSC’s commitments and support GCHQ’s corporate planning requirements, which includes a commitment to hardwire Equality, Diversity and Inclusion into the NCSC’s strategy and planning.
The role works within a small team, so flexibility is needed to reach in and help with other cross cutting work as needed.
The core responsibilities for this role are:
• Effective engagement with the HMG governance structure for the new national cyber strategy to ensure our collective NCSC input to the Cabinet Office and wider HMG engagement has a positive impact and delivers maximum benefit.
• Effective translation of national outcomes into the NCSC business plan, working closely with our Risks and Benefits lead, to ensure the NCSC business plan matures into a governance vehicle which drives NCSC delivery, provides excellent measures of our impact and enables the best possible decisions on priorities and resources.
• Co-ordinating Portfolio Office work on Spending Reviews, with effective engagement across NCSC and other Government Departments.
• Operating flexibly as part of the Portfolio Office, contributing to wellbeing and team cohesion.
• Developing and maintaining a good understanding of the NCSC's vision and capabilities so that you can represent us effectively. Prior knowledge of the NCSC is not a prerequisite.
Please note that location for the team is fluid between London, Cheltenham and remote working. The current Portfolio Office team members happen to be Cheltenham-based, so there will be a high level of remote team working.
Communications and Knowledge Sharing - Advanced
Corporate Vision and Efficiency - Higher
Change and Innovation - Higher
Analysis and Decision Making - Higher
Contribution to Delivery- Higher
Managing the Customer Relationship - Higher
Working with and Leading Others - Advanced
If you’re excited about working with us and think you have some of what we’re looking for but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet… Back yourself and give it a go!
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.