CyberFirst Degree Level Apprenticeship - Registration of Interest Ref. 1231
If you’re looking to start your career after A levels (or equivalent), our unique Cyber Security Degree Level Apprenticeship will offer you new challenges every day. You’ll get exposure to some of the world’s most cutting-edge technologies along with practical insights into the innovative ways we use them to provide cyber security to our customers.
This is a Degree Level Apprenticeship like no other. Working with GCHQ, including the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), you’ll gain unique insights into a world that you won’t find on any university course. Our work is constantly evolving and always challenging, giving you lots of new opportunities to explore and huge scope for development.
Successful applicants could be offered:
- The opportunity to earn while you learn, with a salary and all the benefits that you would expect from a Civil Service organisation
- Gain a recognised degree
- Build your experience and confidence in the workplace
- Over the three-year programme, you’ll get a mix of university-delivered classroom and lab education in state-of-the-art facilities along with technical training, mentoring and job shadowing, and hands-on, work-based placements and projects
- After successful completion of the three-year Degree Level Apprenticeship and subject to business needs and meeting the necessary criteria, you may be offered full-time employment
- Membership of the CyberFirst Student Community, which aims to offer peer mentoring and advice from cyber security experts. Throughout the apprenticeship you will be part of a close-knit cohort, providing opportunities for support and learning.
- UK National
- You will need to have (or be expecting to have by September 2018), 3 A Levels in any subject at grade C or above (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 2 IGCSE/GCSE STEM subjects at grade B or above including IGCSE/GCSE in maths.
Please be aware that as part of the selection process you will be expected to prove clearly that you have a good understanding of computers, how they work and how to secure them. Although previous experience in coding would be advantageous, what we’re most interested in, is your aptitude to develop these skills as they form a core part of the roles we are recruiting for.
*** Please note that the CyberFirst Cyber Security Degree Level Apprenticeship will open for applications October 2017. However, you may register your interest NOW and you will be contacted when the campaign opens ***
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.