Radio Frequency Signals Analyst Ref. 1177
GCHQ, an intelligence agency like no other, is offering an exciting opportunity to be a Radio Frequency Signals analyst at its station in Scarborough. GCHQ Scarborough plays a vital role in monitoring a variety of communications, providing intelligence in support of UK foreign and defence policies.
In this role, you’ll be trained in RF communications that are transmitted and received within the electromagnetic spectrum. As you develop your skills through continuous classroom and ‘on the job’ training, you’ll be able to use your newly acquired skills in a fully operational environment.
- To contribute to the fight against drug trafficking, weapon proliferation, international terrorism – providing support to military operations worldwide.
- To provide defence and foreign intelligence in support of national policy and British interests globally.
- Acquire, identify and analyse RF modern communication technologies.
- Manipulate complex hardware and software applications (JAVA, Python or C++)
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs, grade A-C (Including maths and English)
- Enthusiasm for learning, and an interest in technology
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Enjoys problem solving
- Ideally, a fundamental knowledge and understanding of programming languages as described above
Although consideration will be given to your stated job preference, the final decision of which role candidates are placed in will be determined by GCHQ.
There may also be the opportunity to apply a shift working position (Scarborough) after a period of training which currently attracts a Shift Disturbance Allowance.
INTERVIEW and SELECTION PROCESS
As part of this campaign you will be required to undergo a staged selection process including:
- A minimum eligibility sift
- Interview, comprising of a competency-based interview with technical staff and members of our HR department
- Interviews to be held in Scarborough
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.