Chief Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer Ref. 1215
GCHQ is delighted to announce a fantastic opportunity for an innovative, forward-thinking candidate with exceptional skills and experience to challenge and drive forward the organisation’s Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) agenda.
The rich complexity of GCHQ’s technology-driven missions necessitates diversity of people and thought in order to meet the challenges of the future. GCHQ also advocates an inclusive and fair working environment to get the best out of our people and teams: as one of the UK’s three Intelligence Agencies, GCHQ prides itself in recognising this as integral to the delivery of our cutting-edge missions.
GCHQ’s Chief EDI Officer will be highly motivated to deliver a step-change in progress against the organisation’s EDI agenda and to lead a programme that enables long-term, positive and sustainable impact on the organisation’s representation, culture, processes and behaviours.
The successful candidate will be an experienced diversity and inclusion practitioner and a skilled communicator, delivering GCHQ’s message and vision with impact across government and the UK Intelligence Community (UKIC). This role requires a candidate that can operate with the highest level of credibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of expertise and experience in each of the following areas:
- Inclusion and culture
- Impact evaluation
- Business change
The successful candidate’s personal brand will also be well suited to the people-focused nature of the role, with strong evidence of the following characteristics:
- Knowledge sharing
The successful candidate will be based in, or willing to relocate to, Cheltenham.
The post is a fixed-term, two year post.
The Chief EDI Officer will be responsible for:
- Leading the development and communication of GCHQ’s strategic EDI vision within the workforce;
- Collaborating with key stakeholders across GCHQ to ensure enmeshment of EDI values and recognition of key messaging across the entirety of GCHQ;
- Working innovatively with programmes and within the organisation’s strategic approach to funding to ensure successful, cost-effective and timely delivery of the EDI implementation plan;
- Successfully striking a balance between driving the EDI objectives and organisational change; operating with a keen sensitivity to competing strategic priorities within GCHQ;
- Providing high-level representation of GCHQ’s EDI agenda across Government;
- Working with GCHQ’s Comms and Engagement Team to promote GCHQ EDI in the media;
- Establishing a network of contacts and liaisons across the public and private sectors.
- Shaping the GCHQ EDI agenda to align with the UKIC in a fit-for-purpose model for 2020 and beyond.
The closing date for applications is 11th September 2017, however if we receive the amount of applications required we may close the vacancy early.
Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly to avoid disappointment. We reserve the right to close the advert early.
Interviews will be scheduled for the end of September/beginning of October in Cheltenham or London
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.