Estates Manager Ref. 1784
Provide project construction management for major refurbishments, upgrades, capital replacement works and minor works within the London Estate.
Deputise for the Building Service Manager (BSM) in his absence to oversee the management of the Operation and Maintenance Contract.
Direct line management of one project engineer and virtual management of project consultants.
- Plan and prepare the asset based forward maintenance plan, in line with CIBSE guidelines, in order to develop works specifications and client briefs for the timely replacement of the building services plant and equipment (in conjunction with incumbent managed service provider and BSM)
- Manage and delivery of all works required, including the update of the asset based forward maintenance plan through the managed service provider.
- Work with sponsors, contractors and consultants to develop solutions and technical specifications that fully meet business requirements and represent the most cost effective approach.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and production of business cases for department sponsored projects, working with the procurement team to produce tender and contract documentation.
- Initiate and co-ordinate planning applications and all necessary consents for all relevant projects using external consultants as required.
- Undertake feasibility studies, convert client requirements into working specifications, produce project implementation plans and project programmes, manage project spend, co-ordinate project progress meetings and deliver progress reports.
- Manage spending allocation and profile of spend for all allocated ‘extra works’ budgets.
- Experience in Project and programme management, and fully conversant with current H&S and environmental legislation:
o APM/Prince 2 foundation or relevant experience
- Background in building services/building construction and qualified in a related discipline:
o IMECH or CIBSE Member
o Level 3 (or equivalent) City & Guilds Electrical/ Mechanical qualification, or demonstrable experience.
- Electrical Installation/Maintenance knowledge:
o 18th Edition IET qualified
- Electrical Testing and Inspection knowledge including PAT testing experience:
o City & Guilds testing
- Conversant in project management tools and use of standard IT applications:
o Microsoft project
- Fire Regulations Compliance:
Job related skills
Programme, Project and Change Management (PPM&CM) skills required (or seek to acquire):
To find out more, please contact the recruitment team.
To apply to MI6, you must be a born or naturalised British citizen, over 21 years old and normally have been based in the UK for six of the last ten years. You should not discuss your application with anyone other than your partner or a close family member providing that they are British. They should also be made aware of the importance of discretion.
MI6 strives for diversity in the workplace and is committed to the creation and maintenance of a climate in which all staff are treated fairly on the grounds of merit and ability.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form.
On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.