Principal Test Manager Ref. 1894
Join SIS and use your IT experience and people skills to support an organisation that protects the national security of the UK. This role will have extensive opportunities for you to work with our UK intelligence partners.
We are undergoing transformational change in the way we deliver software within SIS. We are adopting agile and lean practices and we're going after DevSecOps. We want to bring software engineering more in line with industry standards and align our resources to provide responses at a pace relevant to technological change.
As the Head of Test, we would be looking to you to help define and implement new ways of working across the Test profession. You will help shape the transformational change across all of our delivery teams to bring us into line with industry ways of working whilst also ensuring technical development and software delivery are independently assured to a high standard. The role will also have responsibility for the delivery of Automated Test frameworks and continuous improvement across Test.
- Set the strategic roadmap for Test and Validation and shape the capability
- Provide leadership to the cadre of Test Managers and Engineers
- Development of the Test function, ensuring the team have the right skills and tools to complete their jobs effectively
- Work with Development teams to understand their Test needs and implement continuous improvement across the teams, cross training where necessary
- Input into the Agile Software Development lifecycle and identify areas for improvement
- Learn and apply industry techniques within Quality Assurance
- Restructure the team to deliver transformation change across the technology teams
- Lead the Test Automation team to integrate automation frameworks across all Test functions
- Resource management and forward planning activities to ensure delivery of Software projects in a timely manner.
- Be open to challenging current ways of working and embrace change
- Responsible for the delivery of Quality Assurance
- Relevant experience running testing teams and implementing test strategies across an organization
- Excellent foundation in Software Testing (ISTQB)
- Excellent understanding of Automated testing techniques
- Knowledge of Software Development and the software development lifecycle within Agile teams.
- Strong communication/coaching/mentoring skills
- Knowledge of risk management techniques and risk based testing
- Understanding of modern software architectures (Micro-Services, Containerisation etc.)
About SIS and IT
SIS exists to collect secret foreign intelligence that helps project the UK's security and prosperity. This intelligence is gathered all over the world and reported to the Government - informing policies that counter threats to this country including weapons proliferation, terrorism and regional instability.
SIS could not operate without its technology teams. They ensure the security and effectiveness of an international communications network - that operates around the world. And they also make sure that everyone has the IT they need to do their job securely, whatever the role.
Please note: You need to be a British citizen, aged 18 or over to apply.
You should not discuss your application, other than with your partner or close family member, providing that they are British. They should also be made aware of the importance of discretion.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.