Estates Engineer Ref. 1785
Provide both technical and Health and Safety input and support to all Estates projects.
Take the lead project management role providing technical advice for specific works within the Estates portfolio and oversight for all Estate services works, inclusive of sponsor works.
- Provision of safe project management for a wide range of minor and major Estate Services operation and service works in UK buildings, managing and monitoring work requests in relation to the estates portfolio of works and sponsor works, reviewing costs and provision of clear technical advice/tasking to staff and contractors. Formal reviews of safety implementation issues relating to Method Statements, Risk Assessments and ACOP activities for all operational and project works.
- Carry out the technical supervisory role for projects, working in conjunction with and managing external consultants when required, providing a technical M&E oversight and review of the consultant’s submittals reports / designs. Monitor the progress of the consultant in line with the delivery of the project to final completion.
- In conjunction with the incumbent managed service provider, management and review of electrical safety and periodic condition reports, testing/inspection certificates, electrical installation certificates and minor works documentation.
- Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services qualification and/or experience
- NEBOSH Health and Safety qualification in building related disciplines (or to be acquired within first three months in role)
- Project management experience
- APM and/or Prince 2 project management qualification
- City & Guilds Electrical testing
- City & Guilds F Gas 2079 installation/maintenance
To find out more, please contact the recruitment team.
To apply to MI6, you must be a born or naturalised British citizen, over 21 years old and normally have been based in the UK for six of the last ten years. You should not discuss your application with anyone other than your partner or a close family member providing that they are British. They should also be made aware of the importance of discretion.
MI6 strives for diversity in the workplace and is committed to the creation and maintenance of a climate in which all staff are treated fairly on the grounds of merit and ability.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form.
On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.