Service Delivery Analysts Ref. 1764
Join MI6 and use your service delivery management experience in an IT field to support an organisation that protects the national security of the UK.
As a service analyst at SIS, you will support the Service Delivery Management function which owns and manages all IT services. You will work with projects, assisting in the transfer of authority to live service. Once the capability is successfully transitioned you will be responsible for ensuring the service meets business needs throughout its life, which will include the management of risks and financial control. This will also involve significant involvement with stakeholders from technical and commercial teams.
You will be centrally involved in the day to day running and monitoring of existing live services, ensuring they remain fit for purpose. Your responsibilities will include the management of the associated risks, the availability requirements and the capacity constraints. You will assist in the planning of effective service monitoring, ensuring performance targets are achieved whilst identifying risks/issues and creating service improvement plans.
Other key aspects of the role are to:
• Take part in service reviews with business customers and technical teams underpinning Operational Level Agreements (OLAs). These reviews will also be used to inform risk treatment and capacity plans.
• Assist in the management of contracts with suppliers, ensuring agreed service levels and business requirements are met.
• Assist in the management, maintenance and enhancement of each service to meet business requirements.
• Continuously actively manage the service reporting and through life costing.
• Maintain effective relationships with both commercial and non-commercial third parties.
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for this role, mandatory qualifications are:
• 3 A Levels or equivalent
• A BSc (Hons), HND, or a HNC level qualification and/or relevant experience in a similar role.
Desirable qualifications include:
• ITIL (v3) Foundation Accreditation
About MI6 and IT
MI6 exists to collect secret foreign intelligence that helps project the UK's security and prosperity. This intelligence is gathered all over the world and reported to the Government - informing policies that counter threats to this country including weapons proliferation, terrorism and regional instability.
MI6 could not operate without its technology teams. They ensure the security and effectiveness of an international communications network - that operates around the world. And they also make sure that everyone has the IT they need to do their job securely, whatever the role.
Please note: You need to be a British citizen, aged 21 or over to apply.
You should not discuss your application, other than with your partner or close family member, providing that they are British. They should also be made aware of the importance of discretion.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form.
On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.