Finance Senior Accountant
If you are looking for an exciting career move then this is a unique opportunity to work within the UK intelligence agencies’ (MI5, MI6 and GCHQ) finance community. MI5, MI6 and GCHQ help protect the UK and UK interests from threats to national security at home and abroad. It means we work against everything from terrorism and espionage, to cyber threats and sabotage.
We are in the process of creating a new Shared Corporate Services Organisation to deliver a range of services including human resources, finance, security, vetting and commercial. This organisation will sit at the centre of the agencies’ strategies and mission, and will allow us to deliver more whilst keeping our staff and other assets safe and secure. Finance is at the heart of all business decisions and actions and we are looking for finance professionals to help ensure we manage our money effectively and make the most of our resources.
We have several unique and exciting opportunities for finance professionals in London and Cheltenham.
You could join us as a Management Accountant or Programme Accountant. In both roles, you will lead a team, accountable for delivery of a range of critical financial services. You will provide expert financial advice to financial and non-financial cross-agency customers, ensuring we get the most from our resources.
Management Accountant (London and Cheltenham)
• Manage the provision of high quality monthly MI reporting and ensure it is understandable to its audience and enables effective decision making.
• Support the annual planning cycle and work to ensure that cost consciousness is an automatic reflex.
• When necessary, design and develop new MI, participating in ad hoc analytic reviews and financial scenario planning.
Programme Accountants (Cheltenham only)
• Responsible for the budgeting, in–year management & forecasts and outturn position for at least one major change programme or suite of programmes
• Provide financial advice and ad hoc analysis including, for example, business case support, asset accounting, lease accounting treatment for the programme management (technical team)
• Advise upon new programme start up and funding processes where applicable
• An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to manage a team to meet the same deadlines
• Represent the Finance team at various programme governance boards
You will be ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA qualified or affiliate (CCAB Qualified).
You will have strong technical competence and practical skills in one or more areas: management accounting or business analyst roles accustomed to delivering financial MI to a wide range of customers; or previous experience of programme/project accounting within a major projects organisation, are essential.
You should be able to demonstrate the ability to build relationships with leadership across organisation, and to work effectively in leading a team.
An ability to produce and present complex financial information that enables better decision-making, is essential
You will have proven leadership skills and capacity to deliver results.
To apply for this role, please click here.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.